What is ZeroConfigExchange?
ZeroConfigExchange (ZCE) ZCE is a registry setting that tells Outlook to create a new profile using the SMTP address from Active Directory and to then leverage Autodiscover. It’s important to note that there are no supported tools for modifying an Exchange Online account.
How do I set up an automatic profile in Outlook?
To set up Outlook 2016/2019:
- Navigate to Windows Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add.
- On the Auto Account Setup page type your name, primary email address, and your mailbox password, then click Next.
- Outlook 2016/2019 will start configuring your account.
How do I turn off modern authentication in Outlook?
To disable Modern Authentication, set the REG_DWORD key to 0 at HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Identity\EnableADAL.
Should I turn on modern authentication?
Microsoft recommends that you turn off basic authentication for your organization. Note: For tenants created before August 1, 2017, modern authentication is turned off by default for Exchange Online and Skype for Business Online.
How do I change my office Authenticator?
Steps To Change Authenticator Verification Method:
- Select Security Info in the left navigation pane.
- Click Change next to Default sign-in method in the right pane.
- Select Authenticator app or hardware token – code in the Change default method pull-down menu.
- Click Confirm to commit the change. (
Why is OAuth better than Basic Authentication?
To ensure better protection of your online accounts, OAuth is the way to go because, unlike Basic Auth, it doesn’t give away your password. That’s because OAuth is more of an authorization framework. This keeps your credentials safe.
Is SAML modern authentication?
Modern Authentication is not a single authentication method, but instead a category of several different protocols that aim to enhance the security posture of cloud-based resources. Some examples of Modern Authentication protocols are SAML, WS-Federation, and OAuth.
How do I re register Microsoft authenticator?
To set up the Microsoft Authenticator app
- Sign in to your work or school account and then go to your My Account portal.
- Select Security info in the left menu or by using the link in the Security info pane.
- On the Add a method page, select Authenticator app from the list, and then select Add.
How do I reset my Microsoft authenticator?
Go to Configuration → Self-Service → Multi-factor Authentication → MFA/TFA Settings. In the MFA for Reset/Unlock section, enter the number of authentication factors to be enforced, and select Microsoft Authenticator along with the other authentication techniques to be used. Click Save Settings.
Is modern authentication enabled by default?
Modern authentication is enabled by default in Exchange Online, Skype for Business Online, and SharePoint Online.
How do I reset my Microsoft authenticator to a new phone?
On your mobile device, open the Microsoft Authenticator app, and select Begin recovery. Sign in to your recovery account using the personal Microsoft account you used during the backup process. Your account credentials are recovered to the new device.
How do I reinstall Microsoft authenticator on my new phone?
How Do I Restore My Microsoft Authenticator To A New Phone?
- Open the app on your old phone.
- Tap the three dots at the top right.
- Tap “Settings”
- Enable “Cloud backup”/”iCloud Backup”
- On your new phone, install the Microsoft Authenticator app and log in to your account.
- Select “Begin Recovery”
Can I delete and reinstall Microsoft Authenticator?
You’ll need to manually add each service for which you use Microsoft Authenticator on the old device to the app on the new device. If you still have your old phone, delete the services from the app on the old device, then uninstall the app.
How do I change my Microsoft Authenticator to a new phone?
Add a new account to the Microsoft authenticator app section of the Additional security verification page, select Set up Authenticator app. Follow the on-screen instructions, including using your mobile device to scan the QR code, and then select Next.
What is the difference between Basic Auth and modern Auth?
Modern authentication, which is based on ADAL (Active Directory Authentication Library) and OAuth 2.0, offers a more secure method of authentication. To put it in simple terms, basic authentication requires each app, service or add-in to pass credentials – login and password – with each request.