How do I save an OpenOffice file as docx?
Click on “File” in the toolbar. Select the “Save As” option if you’re saving a new file or if you’d like to convert an existing file to . docx format. A “Save” dialog box opens up.
Does OpenOffice support DOCX?
ppt, etc.), OpenOffice.org 3.0 is now capable of opening files created with Microsoft Office 2007 or Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac OS X (. docx, . xlsx, . pptx, etc.).
How do I convert an OpenOffice document to Word?
How to Convert OpenOffice Documents to Microsoft Word
- Open your OpenOffice Writer document.
- Click the “File” menu and select the “Save As” option.
- Select a location to save your file and type a name for the file.
- Click the “Save as Type” drop-down menu and select the Microsoft Word format (.
- Click the “Save” button.
How do I save a DOCX file?
Select the folder where you want to save your document. The dialog box will open > Select “Save as” > In the “Save as type” menu > Select the option “Word document (. docx)” > Click on the “Save as” button and a copy of your file will be saved in Docx format.
How do I convert an OpenOffice document to word?
What is the difference between ODT and DOCX?
odt) files are compatible with Word and open source applications like OpenOffice and LibreOffice, but you might see formatting differences and some Word features aren’t available in . odt files. Word documents (. docx) are compatible with most applications.
Can OpenOffice read word documents?
Apache’s OpenOffice Writer is a versatile program, with one of its strengths being the ability to open and read document formats from other word processors, such as Microsoft Word and the . doc and . docx formats.
Is OpenOffice compatible with word?
As Word does not have the same database functionality of Apache OpenOffice and as the macros are not compatible, it would be very difficult to have one form that works in both environments using standard form controls.
How do I convert Microsoft Word to OpenOffice?
How to Convert MS Word Files to OpenOffice
- Launch Word. Launch MS Word and open your Word file with it.
- Save Your Word File As Open Document Type. Saving file as Open Document Type (.odt)
- Download And Install OpenOffice. Download and install OpenOffice onto your computer.
- Launch OpenOffice. Launching OpenOffice.