What is LAN cable color code?
Grey-colored cables typically represent standard ethernet connections, while green cables represent crossover ethernet connections. Yellow cables are used to signify POE (power over ethernet), while blue cables are used for terminal server connections.
Which cable is used to connect PC and PC?
These two types of ethernet cable are commonly used in most computer networking transmissions. A straight-through cable is used in local area networks to connect different devices like a computer to a network hub such as a router, router and switch, PC and switch, and so on.
How do I setup a LAN between two computers?
Plug each end of the crossover cable into a network port on the back of each computer. Select one of the computers to complete the rest of the process. Open The Network and Sharing Center. Click “Start,” then “Control Panel,” then “Network and Internet.” Lastly, click “Network and Sharing Center.”
How can I share files between two computers using LAN cable?
Share Files Between Two Computers Using LAN Cable
- Step 1: Connect Both PCs With LAN Cable. Connect both computers to a LAN cable.
- Step 2: Enable Network Sharing on Both PCs.
- Step 3: Setup Static IP.
- Step 4: Share a folder.
Which cable is used for LAN?
Cables are commonly used to carry communication signals within LAN. There are three common types of cable media that can be used to connect devices to a network and they are coaxial cable, twisted-pair cable, and fiber-optic cable.
How can I transfer files from PC to PC using LAN cable?
Stepwise guide to transfer files from PC to PC via an Ethernet cable
- Connect both computers to a LAN cable.
- Turn on the sharing options on both computers. Search for Control Panel and open it.
- Share a folder on the source computer. 3.1.
- Access the shared folder on the destination computer.
How do I transfer files from PC to PC?
Use USB drives to transfer files from one PC to another if you only have a few files to transfer.
- Plug your flash drive into the USB port on the computer you are moving the files from.
- Locate the files to transfer, then open File Explorer, and find the flash drive you would like to transfer these files to.