What is a web development portfolio?
A web developer portfolio is an online collection of your best web dev projects that accurately represent your skills, your abilities, and the quality of your work. It acts as a curated collection of your proudest professional web development examples you can show potential employers or clients to get yourself hired.
How do I create an online Web developer portfolio?
Here are eight key tips to keep in mind when creating a web development portfolio for yourself.
- Keep it simple.
- Always remember user experience.
- Take advantage of your homepage.
- Don’t skip the details.
- Be selective.
- Share your personality.
- Make it easy to contact you.
- Dare to be different.
Do you need a backend for a portfolio website?
If your portfolio site requires data from a backend server (like getting a list of your projects from a RESTful app), then you’ll also need to deploy that server so the frontend can access it. Heroku is a platform that lets you deploy backend apps from eight supported languages (including Node. js and Python).
Do portfolio websites need backend?
What does a programmer portfolio look like?
A coding portfolio should include 4-10 coding projects. Coders should always choose projects that showcase their best work, even if that means showing fewer projects in the portfolio. Coders should also consistently update their portfolio projects to ensure they show their most current work to employers.
Is backend development hard?
Insanely difficult. That’s a massive range of difficulty you’re dealing with. Yet, standard backend web development is usually very close to the super easy side.
How do I level my developer portfolio?
Five things you can do to level up your developer portfolio
- Know your target audience.
- Level up your project details.
- Remove Unnecessary Fluff from Your Portfolio.
- Give your about me some personality.
- Throw some Sprinkles on it.
How do I start a coding portfolio?
How do I make a perfect developer portfolio?
- Keep the Target Audience in Mind. Take Advantage of Your Homepage. Make Your Portfolio Scannable.
- Remember UX and UI. Go Mobile or Go Home.
- Showcase Your Best Work and Skills. Share Your Code and Live Projects.
- Show Your Personality. Use Custom Domain.
- Maintain Personal Brand. Keep Portfolio Up-to-Date.
- Encourage Communication.