What are the occupation categories?
The ISCO-08 divides jobs into 10 major groups:
- Technicians and associate professionals.
- Clerical support workers.
- Service and sales workers.
- Skilled agricultural, forestry and fishery workers.
- Craft and related trades workers.
- Plant and machine operators, and assemblers.
What does skill level C mean in the NOC?
Skill Level C: intermediate jobs that usually call for high school and/or job-specific training, such as: industrial butchers. long-haul truck drivers. food and beverage servers.
How can I find my SOC code?
There are usually two ways to search for the right occupation code. One option is to use the occupation coding tool on the ONS website to search by job title. Once the tool has identified possible occupation codes, sponsors should read the descriptions to identify the correct SOC code for the job they are offering.
How many job categories are there?
All workers are classified into one of 867 detailed occupations according to their occupational definition. To facilitate classification, detailed occupations are combined to form 459 broad occupations, 98 minor groups, and 23 major groups.
What is an SOC number?
The Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Code system is a federal statistical standard used to classify workers into occupational categories for the purpose of collecting, calculating or disseminating data. Employers can use job titles to find SOC Codes online using this website.
What is an OCC code?
OCC is a 4-digit variable reporting the person’s primary occupation, coded into a contemporary census classification scheme (some non-occupational activities are also recorded in the pre-1950 samples).
What is a OCC code?
How do you Categorise occupation?
- 1 Managers, directors and senior officials.
- 2 Professional occupations.
- 3 Associate professional and technical occupations.
- 4 Administrative and secretarial occupations.
- 5 Skilled trades occupations.
- 6 Caring, leisure and other service occupations.
- 7 Sales and customer service occupations.