How do you fix uncorrectable WHEA error?
How to Fix a WHEA Uncorrectable Error
- Use Windows Update to make sure that your system is up to date.
- Physically inspect your computer hardware.
- Make sure your drivers are up to date.
- Use System Restore to undo any recent changes to your computer.
- Check for hard drive issues with the Error Checking utility.
How do I fix WHEA uncorrectable error in BIOS?
How to fix WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
- Get all the latest updates with Windows Update. Go to Start > Settings > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates.
- Try restoring Windows back to an earlier point in time.
What causes WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR?
If you receive a blue screen error (also known as a stop code) with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, it means that a hardware issue has occurred on your computer. Issues could be related to such things as hard drives, processor, power supply, bad or corrupted memory (DRAM).
Can RAM cause WHEA uncorrectable error?
Check Your RAM When your computer memory is not correctly positioned in the RAM slot, the WHEA uncorrectable error can occur. You might be able to access the motherboard by opening the computer casing. Then, using alcohol and cotton, carefully remove the RAM sticks from your motherboard’s contact points.
Does Undervolting cause uncorrectable WHEA?
Can Undervolting Cause WHEA Uncorrectable Error? Yes, under-volt (+heat) is the culprit. Undervolting is temperature-sensitive.
Can processor cause BSOD?
If you see this blue screen, you’re probably overclocking your CPU, but this is not always the case. The 7F error is known to attack indiscriminately, lashing out at more than just overclockers. This particular BSoD can rear its head in response to bad RAM, a faulty motherboard, or a corrupted BIOS.
Can overheating cause Whea uncorrectable error?
Conclusion. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR is a common BSOD error that may occur due to a faulty hardware component. However, the most common cause is low voltage to the processor and overheating CPU due to overclocking and inefficient cooling system.
Can RAM cause Whea error?
5. Check Your RAM. When your computer memory is not correctly positioned in the RAM slot, the WHEA uncorrectable error can occur. You might be able to access the motherboard by opening the computer casing.
How do I unfreeze my SSD?
To remove the Security Freeze Lock state and continue with the Secure Erase process:
- Remove the SATA power cable from the drive and quickly reconnect it while the Intel® SSD Toolbox is running.
- Unplug and plug in the SSD.
- Once the drive is detected, continue with the Secure Erase.