How do I change the default backup location for iPhone on Mac?
How to Change the iTunes Backup Location on Mac
- From your Dock, open the Finder app.
- Click on the Go Menu.
- Select Go to Folder from the dropdown menu.
- In the pop-up window, type in ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync .
- Rename the folder that you find there.
- Open a new Finder window.
How do I change my iPhone backup location on Mac Catalina?
How to Switch iPhone Backup Location on Mac?
- Click on the Finder Icon > select the Go tab in top-menu bar and click on Go to Folder.
- In Go to window, type ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/ and click on the Go button.
- Right-click on the Backup Folder and select Copy Backup option.
How do I change iPhone backup location on Mac Big Sur?
How to Back Up Your iPhone to a Different Location on Your Mac
- Find Your iPhone Backup on Your Mac.
- Move Your iPhone Backups to an External Drive.
- Create a Symlink to Use Your External Drive as the Backup Location.
- Disable Automatic Backups When You Connect Your iPhone.
Can I move my iPhone Backup to another drive?
Next, locate the iTunes backup of your iPhone or iPad using the steps detailed above. In the Finder window that opens, select the Backup folder and hit Command + C, then navigate to the external hard drive in Finder and hit Command + V. You can alternatively Drag & Drop the backup folder onto your hard drive.
How do I change my location on Mac?
Switch to a different network location
- Use the Apple menu to switch locations: Choose Apple menu > Location, then select the location you want to use.
- Use Network preferences to switch locations: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Network , click the Location pop-up menu, choose a location, then click Apply.
How do I move my iPhone backup to another drive?
In the Finder window that opens, select the Backup folder and hit Command + C, then navigate to the external hard drive in Finder and hit Command + V. You can alternatively Drag & Drop the backup folder onto your hard drive. Once the copying is completed, rename your old Backup folder to ‘OldBackups’.
How do I change my iPhone backup location on an external hard drive?
What to Know
- Go to Finder > Locations > select your iPhone> Manage Backups. Select a backup > Show in Finder.
- In Finder, drag the backup to the external drive in Locations.
- Or use Mac’s admin settings and Terminal to permanently change the iPhone location backups.
How do I backup my iTunes to an external hard drive?
How to Backup an iPhone to an External Drive
- Close iTunes if the program is open on your computer.
- Connect the external USB hard drive you want to use to store videos from the iPhone to the computer.
- Press “Windows-E” to open File Explorer.
- Connect the data sync cable to the iPhone and a second USB port on the computer.
Why does Apple get my location wrong?
This means, if you connect to a Wi-Fi network Apple thinks it knows the location of, your iPhone could think you are somewhere else entirely. Eventually, Apple will update the location information, but it may take a while. To find out if your Wi-Fi connection is causing the incorrect iPhone location, turn off Wi-Fi.
Why does my Mac have the wrong location?
If you see a message that Maps can’t use your current location, you need to turn on Location Services in System Preferences. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Security & Privacy . If the lock at the bottom left is locked , click it to unlock the preference pane.
Can I move iTunes to D drive?
If you’ve only copied the iTunes Media folder across then make a new folder called iTunes on the D: drive, copy over the other items that are in C:\Users\Jim\Music\ into it, then move the copy of iTunes Media inside the new iTunes folder. You can then shift-start-iTunes to connect to the new copy of the database.
How do I change the download location in iTunes?
In the iTunes app on your PC, choose Edit > Preferences, then click Advanced. Click Change, then select a new location for your files. From now on, new songs and other items you import will be stored in the new location. Songs you’ve already imported stay in their current location.
How do I change iTunes backup location to external hard drive Windows?
Open Windows File Explorer and then go to C:\Users\[PC name]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\ MobileSync. That’s the default location where iTunes saves your iPhone backup on computer. Step 4. Delete the content in the folder Backup and then create an empty folder called MobileSync in your external drive.
Can you backup iPhone directly to external hard drive?
If you want to backup your iPhone without a computer device, you can directly connect your iPhone to the external hard drive.
How do I copy my iTunes library to an external hard drive on a Mac?
Click on Finder on your new Mac to open a Finder window. Select your new Mac’s hard drive. Click on the Music folder. Drag the iTunes folder from your external hard drive into the Music folder on your new Mac.
How do I transfer iPhone backup to external hard drive Mac?
Why does my Mac think I’m in London?
A computer in London I could understand. It will go by the IP address which is issued by your Internet provider and will often just be the headquarters address for the company.
How do you change Location Services on a Mac?
Specify which apps and system services can use Location Services
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy , then click Privacy.
- Click Location Services.
- Select the checkbox next to an app to allow it to use Location Services.
How do I change location on Mac?
How do I change my location in iTunes?
How To Change Your Apple ID Country or Region
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name, then tap iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID, then tap View Apple ID.
- Tap Country/Region.
- Tap “Change Country or Region”.
- Tap your new country or region, then review the terms and conditions.