How do I reset my petsafe cat flap?
To power down and then reset the door:
- Unplug the power.
- Take out the battery.
- Press and hold the red button for 10-15 seconds. This will clear the circuit board.
- Plug the unit back in.
- Press and hold the green button for 30 seconds to restore the door to default settings.
- Put the battery back in.
How do you fit a cat flap in a wood door?
How to Fit a Cat Flap in a Wooden Door
- Measure. In order to ensure that your cat can come and go with ease (including as it grows), position your cat flap at about 10-15 centimeters from the floor.
- Saw along the lines.
- Smooth with sandpaper.
- Drill the screw holes.
- Screw together.
How does the PetSafe cat flap work?
The new PetSafe® Microchip Cat Flap Using radio frequency identification (RFID) technology, it works by reading your cat’s unique microchip ID without the need for a collar or accessory. When your cat approaches the cat flap, the flap will respond by allowing only your cat to enter.
Why is my PetSafe cat flap flashing red?
How to tell if the batteries need replacing on the SureFlap Microchip Cat Flap. If the LED light starts flashing red every five seconds, this is an indicator that you need to replace the batteries.
Can I install a cat flap myself?
The cat flap can be installed in all types of doors. Watch this step by step video to learn how to install the pet door yourself using a drill and jigsaw.
How do you put a cat flap in a UPVC door?
How to Fit a Cat Flap
- Measure how Heigh Your Cat Flap Needs to be.
- Mark the Centre of the Door.
- Mark the Cat Flap Outline on the Door.
- What if I Have no Instructions?
- Drill Holes for Your Jigsaw Blade.
- Cutting out Your cat flap Shape.
- Tidying up the Hole.
- Check the Flap Swings Smoothly.
How long does it take to install a cat flap?
Cat flap installation cost overview The installation will take on average 2 hours. An inexpensive option is a classic or lockable flap.
Can you drill through a uPVC door?
Yes, you can drill into uPVC windows – for example you may want to fit blinds to your windows. However, doing so may compromise your guarantee. If you are unsure, then it is always best to speak to a qualified installer.
Why is my SureFlap hub flashing red?
If both the ears on your Hub are flashing red it means it has lost connection with a Pet Door. pressing the button on the base of your Hub for 10 seconds.
How do I stop cold air coming through my cat flap?
Cat flap manufacturers do their best to try and minimise cold air coming through the flap when the cat flap is not in use through what they call draught excluders – essentially a brush-like material around the flap that is meant to insulate it somewhat.