Does Mac Mini have CD drive?
With Apple’s SuperDrive you’ll be able to seamlessly connect to your Mac mini to play or burn CDs and DVDs without having to install additional software on your system. The SuperDrive doesn’t come equipped with a USB-C, but that shouldn’t be an issue since the mini still has a couple of compatible USB-A ports.
How do I play a CD on my Mac Mini?
Play CDs in Music on Mac
- In the Music app on your Mac, insert an audio CD into your computer’s CD or DVD drive, or into an external drive that’s connected to your computer.
- If a dialog appears (depending on what you chose to happen when you insert a CD), click Cancel.
- Play a song from the CD by double-clicking it.
Does the 2012 Mac Mini have a CD drive?
Even though there’s no DVD/CD drive in the Mac mini, you can still wirelessly load disks.
Does the 2012 Mac mini have a CD drive?
Does iMac have a CD slot?
No, the new iMac’s do not have a CD/DVD slot. But you can buy an external CD/DVD drive.
How do I transfer a CD to my Mac without a CD drive?
An external optical drive will allow you to access discs on your Mac. To do this, you’ll need to buy an external disc reader that plugs into your Mac via a USB cable. Such an external drive could read CDs and DVDs, play Blu-Rays, and even burn discs — if that’s what you want.
How do I connect my CD drive to my Mac?
On the Mac that doesn’t have an optical drive, click the Finder icon in the Dock to open a Finder window. Select Remote Disc under Locations in the sidebar, then double-click the computer that is sharing the optical drive you want to access. Click Connect.
How do I read mini cds?
How to Play a Mini CD
- Power on the stereo system and open up the CD tray.
- Set the CD player to “CD” and the stereo reads the disc.
- Select the track you want to listen to, then press “Play.” In a moment the song from the CD begins to play through the stereo’s speaker system.
When did the first Mac mini come out?
January 22, 2005Apple Mac mini / Introduced
Why does my Mac not have a CD drive?
The MacBook Air does not have a CD, DVD, or SuperDrive. The MacBook Air is designed to be as thin and as light as possible and so it does not include an optical drive of any kind. There are a couple of workarounds if you really need a CD or DVD drive. First, you can use Apple’s Remote Disc option to install programs.
Do Macs have CD slots?
Can a regular CD player play mini CDs?
A Mini-CD is a 3″ CD and some CD players cannot play them, either because they are designed simply for the 5″ format or, in the case of my DVD player, there is a well for a 3″ disc but the tray closes so quickly the disc jumps out of position and the mechanism scuffs the disc up.